My humble appreciation goes out to Chelle, creator of http://beingchelle.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/liebster-award. Her blog is very thoughtful and she is a wonderful writer. I love how positive she is and how interactive with the blogging community she makes an obvious effort to be.
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Provide 11 facts about yourself Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
11 Facts about myself:
1. I grew up on a beautiful farm in a town that is so small it still has no traffic lights. Stop signs and horse and buggies are the norm.
2. When I first moved into the city, I had no idea what a mall was.
3. I have been a vegetarian for a little over a year now; and while I made the decision initially because of the animal treatment research I had done, my reason for sticking with it I would have to attribute to my amazing health and lack of sickness.
4. I go without wearing makeup on a daily basis. At first I felt extremely naked and vulnerable but now I love it. Occasionally I do long for my concealer when I don’t get enough sleep, but coffee always works wonders!
5. I learned the art of ice climbing in Colorado and snowboarding in Utah, and if I could make a career out of these endeavors I would already be on the West Coast.
6. I have always wanted to take a road trip in a camper to California. If and when I do I may never return.
7. I am allergic to pecans and walnuts but not peanuts, macadamia nuts, almonds or pistachios. Not really sure what happened with that…
8. I found that I love the rain so much I refuse to carry an umbrella with me anymore. It is so exhilarating!
9. I love making body scrubs. I make 5-10 jars at a time and have thought about selling them but I just have never followed through. I use brown sugar, coconut oil and essential oils and they are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
10. I can use a bow drill and spindle to make a fire. I learned this in the wilderness and I used to be the one making all of the fires for dinner. It was pretty incredible. I still have my whole set!
11. I rescued a baby deer once when a hunter took its mother away. It lived for a few weeks and then passed away one rainy morning. I think it was unable to go on without its mom 😦
Questions From Chelle:
What’s the first thing you think about in the morning? My grandmother. She is 90 and I always want to make sure she made it through another night.
What is your favourite type of food? Mexican. I love guacamole, pico de gallo, beans, rice, tortillas…and I have had some authentic family Mexican food that was life-changing. Getting hungry now, actually 🙂
If the internet didn’t exist and you couldn’t blog, what would you be doing? Writing in my journal. Before I understood how amazing blogs were, that is what I would do!
What is your favourite memory? When I got a horse for my birthday. She was a retired show horse and just needed someone to give her a bit of attention. I learned to ride her bare back and was able to escape into a whole new world whenever I climbed on.
What are your hobbies? Writing, reading, running, cooking, loitering in bookstores hehe, listening to music and traveling.
When was the last time you tried something new? Well, starting this blog has been a new and exciting experience for me that I wasn’t quite sure of initially. I think I was anxious about sharing my writing with the world, but I am so glad that I am now that I’m here 🙂
What is happiness to you? Inner peace. Being compassionate. Smiling for no reason. Loving humanity. Loving life.
What is the meaning behind your blog name? Everything nowadays costs something, unfortunately. But thinking is and will always be free. Expressing our thoughts is the greatest gift and I am so thankful I have that ability.
Do you speak any other languages? A small amount of Spanish, but nothing that could get me through Spain without starving I’m afraid 😉
What is your favourite film? I can’t quite say that I have a favorite film. Different films move me in totally different ways. I am not much of a movie goer, but when I love a film I could watch it 10 times. I hope this is an acceptable answer, I thought on this for a while and could not come up with a particular favorite, sorry!
What was the last item you purchased? A book about writing a novel. Interestingly enough, the day I bought that novel I met an author who wrote “Apples of North America” and he told me to throw it in the trash. He said to not follow any outline on writing and to just go for it. I still have it, but I have been mulling carefully over his words since.
Nomination time! I do believe that some of you have more than 200 followers, but I am still new to this and working on reaching out to other blogs. Besides, I think you’re all just plain awesome 🙂 My nominations are:
Here are my questions!:
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. Are you a dog or a cat person?
3. If you could have one movie on a desert island, what would it be?
4. Where would your dream vacation be?
5. If you could write for any magazine in the world, which would you choose?
6. Someone hands you $1,000. What would you do with it?
7. What comes to mind when you think of homeless people?
8. If you could go back in time and meet anyone, who would you want to meet and why?
9. What is your favorite past time?
10. What kind of music do you love?
11. If you could be really incredibly amazing at just one thing, what would you choose?
Again, thank you so much Chelle for thinking of me and nominating me for this award. It means a lot. And of course, thank you to my followers also, you are all amazing!!
**Don’t forget to leave a link for me with your post of answers, questions, and nominees (if you can) in the comment section below. Can’t wait to see your answers!**